BEARINGS OF THE JAMALPUR GYMKHANA
The wings of progress are placed prominently on top, with a pair of calipers passing through them, signifying control by measurement. The shield is equally divided amongst a tiger representing strength and a proud leader among the living creatures of the world and an assembly of a shaft passing through the boss of a spoked wheel which typifies design , machinery and production. The scroll above the shield bears the motto
"Sapentia et labor"
in Latin ,meaning
'by wisdom and labor'. The colours are maroon, white & green; maroon for strength and depth of learning ; white for purity and balance of approach and green for nature, realism and practice.
CODES OF CONDUCT
1) Self discipline is the most important discipline.
2) Give to others freely and deserve to receive.
3) The most valuable assets one could hope to acquire are the qualities of a gentleman.
4) Traditions of an institution are held in trust by its members.
5) Neglect not a sacred duty.
Back to Home